Blogs are websites that are designed to engage an audience with fresh content that is updated on a weekly basis.
Google loves blogs because the content they publish is fresh. Fresh content is relevant and current. If it also high quality, it quickly rises to the top of Google search, due to it being a good marketing tool as well.
Here are a few reasons why having a blog is so good for your business
The more pages (blog articles) your website has, the more time consumers will spend on your site.
1. The more time they spend on your site, the further they move down the sales funnel. Like the quote says: “If you hang around the barber shop long enough, you’re going to get your hair cut.”
2. You’ll see that “viral posts” are often grossly overrated, and your actual goal is attaining customers and achieving ROI, not silly metrics that last a few days and then fade off into the social media sunset.
3. People will view you as the expert voice of your industry—the go to place of information, teaching, and enlightenment.
4. You’ll quickly find out blogging isn’t the science so many make it out to be. When it comes down to it, consumers have questions and a great blog answers them. It really is that simple.
5. You’ll see just how much consumers appreciate honesty and transparency—especially considering your competitors choose the “Ostrich Marketing” (aka head-in-sand) approach.
6. You’ll quickly find that some social media “experts” have no idea what they’re talking about and “the rules” can vary drastically depending on the industry, niche, company, etc.
7. You’ll realize that many readers don’t understand silly acronyms and industry jargon—a product of the curse of knowledge and a problem of bloggers and businesses everywhere.